Mahender Singh Dhoni was born on 7 July 1981 and his full name is Mahendra Singh Pansingh Dhoni. He is an Indian international cricketer who captained the Indian national team in limited-overs formats from 2007 to 2016 and in Test cricket from 2008 to 2014.
In history, he is the only caption who wins all ICC trophies. MS Dhoni is a right-handed middle-order batsman and wicket-keeper. Dhoni also regarded by some as one of the best wicket-keepers and captains in modern limited-overs international cricket.
He also received many awards, ICC ODI Player of the Year award in 2008 and 2009 (the first player to win the award twice), the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award in 2007, the Padma Shri, India’s fourth-highest civilian honor, in 2009 and the Padma Bhushan, India’s third highest civilian honor, in 2018.
In 2016, an Indian Hindi-language biographical sports film written and directed by Neeraj Pandey namely, M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story. The film stars the late Sushant Singh Rajput as Dhoni, along with Disha Patani, Kiara Advani, and Anupam Kher. The film is all about Dhoni’s life of Dhoni from a young age through a series of life events, all the struggles are faced throughout his whole journey.
Here are some of the unknown facts about MS Dhoni:-
- Dhoni is only the second Indian after Kapil Dev to receive an honorary rank. On November 1, 2011, Dhoni was given the title of Lieutenant Colonel by the Indian Territorial Army.
- He sported long hair during his initial years of international cricket. He once revealed that the hairstyle was inspired by John Abraham
- He learned the helicopter shot from his friend Santosh Lal, who was a former Jharkhand cricketer.
- Dhoni loves frequenting temples. His favorite temple is in Ranchi – the Deori Mandir on National Highway 33.
- He is very fond of chicken. Another favorite of his is hot chocolate fudge.
- Dhoni is a WWE buff. His favorite wrestlers are Bret ‘The Hitman’ Hart and Hulk Hogan
- First he met his wife Sakshi in Kolkata in November 2007. Back then, India was slated to play Pakistan at the Eden Gardens.
- Once he was a football buff , but you’d be surprised to know that he also fondly played badminton.
- He made his Ranji trophy debuted for Bihar in the 1999-2000 season as an 18-year-old boy.
- With Telegu film star Akkineni Nagarjuna, he owns a Supersports World Championships team called ‘Mahi Racing Team India’.