Declared Dead By Hospital, Patient Records Video Saying ‘I’m Alive’ in MP

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp

Apparently, a Covid-19 patient, who was admitted to a private hospital in Madhya Pradesh, was incorrectly declared dead. According to Hindustan Times, in a viral video, a 30-year-old patient who was admitted to RD Gardi Hospital in Ujjain said he was falsely declared dead. He told that he read about it in a newspaper on Saturday.

He talks about it in the latter half of the video.

In the first half of the video, he says he got admitted to the hospital two days ago and he is expecting the results of the test but, he is alive and healthy.

He also talks about the grave condition of the hospital that many people have tweeted about in the past.

Ujjain RDGarD Medical Hospital ki स्थिति @collectorUJN @CMMadhyaPradesh @PMOIndia इसी कॉलेज के डीन ने गेरकानुनी रूप से अपने पद का दुरूपयोग कर अपने कोराना पीड़ित भाई को इंदौर से बुला कर इलाज किया, जिससे दो नर्स व इनका परिवार भी पॉजिटिव हो गया

— Ravindra Upadhyay (@someshravi19756) April 25, 2020

After this clip went viral, Madhya Pradesh’s health department agreed that they had made a misunderstanding. They also stated they have issued a show-cause notice to the concerned doctor who committed the error.


In clarification, Dr. Anusuiya Gawali Sinha, the Chief medical and health officer (CMHO) said due to some confusion over addresses, his name was wrongly recorded in place of a 60-year-old Covid-19 patient who died. She says:

The name of the patient was entered in the record as dead in place of a 60-year-old Covid-19 patient from Ujjain who died on Thursday. The doctor who happens to be the nodal officer has admitted his lapse, saying that it happened due to confusion over names and addresses.

She further said that they have informed the concerned department and warned them against making such mistakes in the future.

I have issued a show-cause notice to him and sought his explanation as to why action be not taken against him and his institution by the health department. Also, I have warned him that such an error should not be repeated in the future.